November 8, 2010

once upon a time

Once upon a time, there was a lovely young lady who lived in Montana.

One day, while minding her own business and living the normal life of a high school senior, she got a call on her cell phone.

As luck would have it, it was her fairy-godmother-photographer calling. (Fairy-godphotographer just doesn't sound quite right.)

Fairy-godmother-photographer had just been to an antique show where her buddies, the vintage prom dress fairies, were obviously looking out for her because she scored a gorgeous vintage dress for a gorgeous vintage price.

This fortuitous event set into motion dreams/scenarios/photo shoot visions that the fairy-godmother-photographer could not. get. out. of. her. head.

Something must be done.

Thus, the aforementioned phone call to the aforementioned lovely young lady.

Now, the fairy-godmother-photographer, living in a house full of prince charmings with nary a princess to be found and therefore not much frame of reference for young ladies and dress sizes, nevertheless could not have been more on the money with this one. This girl and this dress were made for each other.

It was a last minute proposition, only one day could work, but girlfriend was game. She actually had some housecleaning to do with her non-evil, non-step mother, but in an act of sheer brilliance, the lovely young lady volunteered her little sister for the job, so all was well. (Except perhaps as far as the little sister was concerned.)

So, off they went.


Now, it just so happens that this particular location is one that FGP (tired of typing out fairy-godmother-photographer) has been dying, and I mean dying, to shoot at. She had even seriously considered ignoring the no-trespassing signs, but so far had been a good girl and was now being rewarded for that good behavior because the non-evil, non-step parents of the lovely young lady just so happened to know who to call to get permission.

Score.


After being drug around this awesome location and leaning against pokey, prickly old barns and walking barefoot in places that were a case of tetanus just waiting to happen, the lovely young lady took a little break in the hopes that Prince Charming would come and rescue her.


Waiting.

Waiting.


PC was a no show, so the lovely young lady had no choice but to go with FGP to location number two.


FGP is torn between loving the contrast of the lovely young lady in the dilapidated setting, and the lovely young lady in this more formal, beautiful setting.


FGP is also extremely impressed at the lovely young lady's willingness to toss leaves in the air repeatedly and even twirl whilst tossing leaves even though FGP and her camera were not able to master the art of capturing twirling girl/falling leaves/blah blah blah.

So sad.

The lovely young lady also repeatedly ran up these stairs until FGP was able to finally capture this shot, quite possibly her favorite of the day.


But alas, all good things must come to an end and the lovely young lady's carriage was turning into a pumpkin right before their eyes, so they had to call it a day. If it was up to FGP, they'd still be out there taking pictures.

She has a little problem with knowing when to quit.

But, the story of the lovely young lady in the vintage prom dress will live happily ever after on the internet for ever and ever.

The End.

51 comments:

  1. Oh, FGP, your pictures are amazing! I am in love with this dress! I like the pictures of her in the leaves but I agree with you - the final shot is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling.
    all of it.
    the princess.
    the dress.
    the shots.
    the places.
    the words.
    the FGP.
    well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous! I can't pick between the two places you were at. They are both wonderful. Awesome job Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful girl, beautiful dress, beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Wow! Perfect! ;)
    That girl is gorgeous. That dress is gorgeous. Both of those settings are perfect. And that running on the stairs shot? Beyond PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...GORGEOUS! My favorite shot is the one of her running up the stairs.....just beautiful!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous! What a perfect day... perfect girl, dress and setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are stunning! Love every one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just amazing!!!!
    loved the pics one and all!!
    thanks ever so for sharing!!
    FGP..Now WE all know who to call..
    to make wishes come true!!
    warm sandy hugs..
    Loui♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't add to what's already been said, other than, can I be you when I grow up?! What an eye for detail, what talent. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! FGP you worked your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo magic and created lovely photos with your gorgeous princess! I love the stair photo too!

    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stair shot is STUNNING ~ but my heart skips a beat every time I see a vintage truck ~ SWOON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! The shots, the girl, the dress, the settings!! Utterly and completely charming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful girl! And you're right, that dress was made for her! It's perfect! I LOVE the first one of her sitting on the truck! All of them are great but that one's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We don't know each other, but you are soooo my idol! The waiting by the truck shots are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're the real deal, Benj. I mean it. I do. That girl is so lucky to have you as her FGP! I can't tell you how much it would have meant to me at that age to have someone fun and amazing wanting to spend time with me and take my picture.

    Love the stairs shot. And the one by the red barn where her arms are tucked behind her and she's looking right into the lens from a side-angle. Swoonarama.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How fun these are gorgeous I love them. My favorite is fairy girl running up the stairs and sitting on the truck bumper, what a great color for that truck to be with her dress. Then you have put a vintage tone to the whole photo shoot which I like too. Clever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous girl! Gorgeous dress! AND Gorgeous shoot! I think my FAVS are the two of her on the running board of the truck and running up the steps. Thanks for sharing, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  19. They're all beautiful....

    Gorgeous. You're the "bomb-diggety"!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The two with the truck! Love that truck color. You are so freakin' talented.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can NOT believe that dress was not made and fitter to her!? Its amaaaazing! Like honestly, really, reaaaally - makes me want a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning!

    The dress - Swoon worthy,
    the girl - beautiful and My! what pretty eyes you have!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous pictures!! I would love to work with you also!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much for sharing these images with us. What a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful set of pictures from FGP. Love both settings. How could you go wrong with such a beautiful princess? Are her eyes really that blue??
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  26. they are all beautiful! i love the one where she is tossing the leaves up and the second truck photo
    blessings
    ~*~

    ReplyDelete
  27. I sooooo want PC to appear. Beautiful photos and model once again.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Words can not describe how beautiful she is and these photos are. I love them all. My favorite are her waiting at the truck. I just love it all--dress, rustic, formal, everything. I want a FGP!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Absolutely LOVE the dress, my favorite color and so...frothy! I really liked the pics with the rustic red, then saw the truck pic but WOW the running up the stairs is really my favorite.

    Just beautiful and I'm sure your model must feel super special.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow - just stunning - girl, dress, locations, photo's - you are very talented. I wonder if there is a vintage dress and FGP for exhausted stay at home, homeschooling, pastors wife kind of gals like myself.... That might just be pushing things too far!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The FGP has a very good eye. The photos are stunning and the story is perfect:-)

    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  32. Incredible shots! I think my favorite is running up the stairs, followed closely by throwing leaves in the air. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This must have been so much fun!

    Thanks for making me smile today!

    ReplyDelete
  34. So enjoyed it all.....the story line, the characters, the beautiful vintage prom dressed princess, the photography! Just Excellent!! It's put a pep in my step for the start of a brand new day!!!
    Thanks so much for your fine and wonderful creativity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Not sure what to say that hasn't already been said...stunning...everything....all of it...amazing!

    xo
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looks like right out of a magazine...beautiful work & beautiful model. I especially love the shot against the old truck - the lovely soft green and aqua. And the ancient steps - looks like Cinderella on the run. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What great pictures of a beautiful girl in a beautiful dress. Love them all. The one on the stairs- perfection!!Love the story too... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  38. BEAUTIFUL GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!
    and
    BEAUTIFUL PHOTO'S !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I can't say anymore than has already been said BUT......you NEED to stay back in the saddle. Your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Absolutely beautiful! All of it: the dress, the girl, the settings, the photos! Wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh my word. Beautiful. Amazing. And I loved the narration! I dream of getting such amazing shots! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh so pretty and fun. She's too young to need a prince.

    DI

    ReplyDelete
  43. This just might be our bedtime story tomorrow night :) Oh my are these pictures and that princess beautiful beyond words. Here's hoping she finds her PC and all her other wishes come true

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love this post. My favorites are the same as everyone else's - the first truck shot and the shot on the stairs. Lovely photography! I must add that it would have been tough to take a bad shot of your knock-out goddaughter! Those blue eyes are killer. She is stunning and, I am sure, there will be many Prince Charmings knocking on her door over the years...until the real one comes along, of course. Please be sure to let us know if she goes to the prom in that amazing dress.

    ReplyDelete